Form 26 AS
Tax Credit Statement
1. What is Form 26AS?
- Includes info on tax deducted on your income by deductors
- Details of tax collected by collectors
- Advance tax paid by the taxpayer
- Self-assessment tax payments
- Regular assessment tax deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders)
- Details of refund received by you during the financial year
- Details of the High-value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
2. Parts of Form 26AS?
- Part A: Details of Tax Deducted at Source
- Part A1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source for Form 15G/Form 15H
- Part A2: Details of Tax Deducted at Source on sale of Immovable Property u/s194(IA) (For seller of Property)
- Part B: Details of Tax Collected at Source
- Part C: Details of Tax Paid (Other than TDS or TCS)
- Part D: Details of Paid Refund
- Part E: Details of AIR Transaction
- Part F: Details of Tax Deducted on sale of immovable property u/s194IA (For Buyer of property)
- Part G: TDS Defaults* (processing of defaults)
Part A: Details of Tax Deducted at Source Part A of Form 26AS contains details of TDS deducted on your salary, interest income, pension income and prize winnings etc. TAN of the deductor and the amount of TDS deducted and deposited are also mentioned. This information is provided on a quarterly basis.
Part A1: Details of Tax Deducted at Source for Form 15G/ Form 15H
Details of income where no TDS has been deducted is given since the taxpayer submitted Form 15G or Form 15H. You can verify the status of TDS deduction if you have submitted Form 15G or Form 15H. If you have not submitted Form 15G or Form 15H, this section will display ‘No transactions present’.
Details of Tax Deducted at Source on sale of Immovable Property u/s194(IA) (For seller of Property)
This is applicable if you have sold the property during the year and TDS was deducted from your receipts.
Part B: Details of Tax Collected at Source
Part B has details of the tax collected at source (TCS) by the seller of goods. Entries are present here if you are a seller and tax is collected by you
Part C: Details of Tax Paid (Other than TDS or TCS)
If you have deposited any tax yourself, that information will appear here. Details of advance tax as well as self-assessment tax are present here. It also contains details of the challan through which the tax was deposited.
Part D: Details of Paid Refund
Information regarding your refund, if any, will be present in this section. Assessment year to which the refund pertains, along with mode of payment, amount paid and interest paid and also the date of payment is mentioned.
Part E: Details of AIR Transaction
Banks and other financial institutions must report high-value transactions to the tax authorities. Mutual fund purchases of high value, property purchases, high-value corporate bonds are all reported here.
Part F: Details of Tax Deducted on Sale of Immovable Property u/s 194IA (For Buyer of Property)
If you have bought a property, you have to deduct TDS before making payment to the seller. This section has details of TDS deducted & deposited by you.
Part G: TDS Defaults*(Processing of Defaults)
Defaults relating to the processing of statements are mentioned here. They do not include demands raised by assessing officer.
3. How to Download Form 26AS?
Form 26AS can be downloaded: On the TRACES website Or via Net Banking Facility of authorized banks Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and Login using your income tax department login & password.